I will be the first person to admit that I don’t know the plans of God outside of what He speaks of in His Word and even that is by Divine revelation. Do I know the exact day Jesus will return? No. Do I know all the specifics of the tribulation and how things will play out? No, other than what Scripture reveals (again, via the Holy Spirit.) Pre-trib? Mid-trib? Post-trib? No one can be absolutely sure because there are “arguments” for each in the Bible. Are we the generation that will see the return of the Lord? Yes! Matthew 24:34 and Luke 21:31-32. In fact, read all of Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13, not to mention Revelation, Thessalonians, Daniel, etc. NO ONE should discount the signs that we’re experiencing right now, as of this writing. Shemitah, blood moons, Tetrad, Elud 29, Rosh Hashanah (Feast of Trumpets), absolute unrest around the world as mentioned in “Let Me Ask You a Question, Part 1”, and on and on and on. God uses signs to get our attention and sends warnings before judgment. Many believe that 9/11 was one such warning. It would benefit us to pay attention.
At the end of the first article, I mentioned I would list some of the events that we can possibly expect should we enter the tribulation period. Scripture tells us they will come upon us quickly. VERY QUICKLY! For those that are not prepared, it will be too late. I was going to insert here that I don’t want to scare anyone, but the truth is, I want you to be scared just enough that you’ll do something to get ready. I also remind you that I’m not some Doomsday Kook or someone waiting around for the Zombie Apocalypse. I’m just an ordinary person wanting to encourage people to take action. I have a general understanding of what this world will look like when the Tribulation hits and it’s not going to be pretty! It’ll be spread out over seven years, but events will be the most horrific in the history of mankind during the last three and a half years! Besides reading the events of Matthew 24, Luke 21, Mark 13, Daniel, Revelation, and more, here’s a short list (below) of what very well could happen according to many of the experts in eschatology and the field of science, before or during the seven year tribulation period. Just like Revelation 1:1, I Thessalonians 5:3 tells us, “While people are saying, ‘Peace and safety,’ destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.” So, they’ll come when we least expect them and they could happen at any time. Remember, it’s not a matter of “if”, but “when.”
- Russia and China are sleeping giants and they’re being aroused. The Bible talks about an enemy to the north. Jeremiah 6:22: “Thus says the Lord, ‘Behold, a people is coming from the north land, and a great nation will be aroused from the remote parts of the earth.'”
- The Shemitah ended on September 13, 2015 and after the last two Shemitahs, there’s been a financial drop. Did a financial collapse coming after this one? Yes. Look it up! For a future major financial disaster like no other, we may even spot a bull down the road with a grizzly bear following closely behind! Be prepared for we do not know when.
- Diligently pray for the people on the west coast, particularly the NW area. A larger than life and highly destructive earthquake is pending and long over due. It could very well run up and down the coast in The Ring of Fire. This is more than a suggestion as it is coming from scientists AND theologians.
- Is Japan destined for another big disaster?
- Another area of concern is the Madrid fault that runs up the middle of the United States. Should an earthquake of great magnitude hit here, it would literally split (divide) the country in half. We’ve known that God’s judgment is upon those who mess with Israel and divide Jerusalem, the Holy City — and you thought the Holy City was Rome! However, keep your eyes on Rome, too. No place or people are safe anymore to attack.
- Unrest hitting the streets of the United States (like we’ve never seen before) and unsuspecting countries around the world. This alone could usher in MARTIAL LAW. This is big! On your own, read up on this. There are already signs we could be heading toward it.
- A large event, such as a sporting event, involving a lot of people could very likely be the focus of a terrorist attack.
- An unusual amount of fires across America.
- Economic collapse – food shortages – civil unrest – our amendment rights and certain freedoms will be taken away.
- Watch our southern border of the United States. Any number of things can happen on this one.
- More and more attacks on churches around the world and in the United States.
- I personally talked to some scientists that told me a Yellowstone eruption is not a matter of “if”, it’s “when.” They’re watching it closely. Let’s hope it’s AFTER the rapture and in the last half of the tribulation because it could block out the sun and large populations would die. It’d spread a blanket of ash over a huge area. The sun is elemental to our survival and without the sun (due to ash) our food supply would wipe out, along with animal populations. We need the sun for survival even beyond the food supply.
- Air travel will not be safe under any circumstance, especially world travel.
- Extreme acts of nature in places not normally considered normal. Watch also for frequency. In fact do your own research and see how earthquakes have accelerated over the years and are not slowing down.
- An EMP attack or major solar flare could kill up to 90-95% of the population over a year. (See #16 and #18.)
- Major devastation and fear will ensue if the grid goes down. Along with an EMP attack, most/all electronics would be wiped out, including vehicles, water treatment plants, appliances, refrigeration (including medicines that depended on this) … anything and everything that depended on electricity to function – GONE! Have you stopped to think what all this entails? We would be forced to live in the Dark Ages once more and if you can believe this, it would be even worse this time around because of all the other events and catastrophes going on simultaneously.
- We’re quickly heading for a one-world government / one-world financial system (especially dependent on who becomes our next president). Do your research! It’s coming sooner than we know.
- Terror attacks will hit US soil in unprecedented numbers.
- Our grid in the United States (more info from #15 and #16) is so incredibly fragile and it wouldn’t take much to take it down, such as an EMP attack by foreign enemies (EMP bomb) or a natural disaster such as a solar flare. If the grid goes down and it covers a far-reaching area, including all of the United States, life as we know it would come to a complete standstill. Banks, stores, and our homes would all shut down. The only vehicles that would run are those made “pre-chip!” The list doesn’t end. Like I said, life as we know it would never be the same. We’re not talking a day or two, but months and years. Two good books to read: One Second After (fiction based on the real possibility of future events) by William R. Forstchen, and Ted Koppel’s book, Lights Out. Both will totally change your way of thinking and acting!
- Keep an eye on Israel, the Pope, middle East (Russia, North Korea, China, Turkey, Syria, Egypt, Iran, etc., and the ultimate impact on Israel and America.) Again, keep an eye on the Presidential election coming in 2016. It could be the game changer for the world and America as we know it now. It will either lead us into four more years of GRACE because we seek the good of Israel, or lead us into the Tribulation period because we turn our back on her. It would behoove all of us to ask for discernment in recognizing who the wolves are – dressed in sheep’s clothing – and those who truly represent themselves to be who they really are with no pretense.
Everything is lining up with the Word of God. We know we’re the generation that will see it all happen. Any one of the above could happen at any given time (and there’s a lot I left out), so can you imagine the impact of a number of events happening at the exact same time? Just one disaster “today” and the country comes together with support and help. Can you imagine, though, what would happen with multiple events all at once. The Bible says that when things happen, they will happen in diverse (many different) places simultaneously and QUICKLY. Is our country prepared? Are our churches prepared? Are you prepared? Remember, if you’re counting on missing all this because you’re going up in the pre-trib rapture, rejoice! We can all hope for it, but there are no guarantees. Consider the real possibility that we still might see much tribulation come upon the people of the earth, the church, America and beyond, before the actual Tribulation begins. It would be presumptuous for us to say we know the mind of God for something only He knows! As I’ve said before, whether it’s going to be pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib, “Hope for the best but ready yourself and your family for the worse” and then you’ll be better prepared for whatever will come. Until then, live life to the fullest. Prepare as you can. And, with praise and thanksgiving, share the Good News of Jesus Christ while there is still time!